• Acrylic Dips is the use of resin applied to the nail, then dipped or sprinkled with acrylic powder
• Crystal nails is any type of
enhancement done with CLEAR acrylic, gel or resin either with clear tips or sculpted.
• All of the above systems can be applied:
on your nail (overlay)
• On tips that have been applied with resin (glue) or acrylic
• Sculpted using a paper, plastic or metal form.
All of the above types of services can be finished with a UV gel top coat to protect the enhancement. The UV coating is applied either
with a brush or similar to polish and is "cured" under a UV lamp for around 3 minutes. UV top coats are very protective to the enhancement
and will need to be filed off at your next appointment. There might be a slight additional charge for this extra.
• A "French Manicure"
can be done using several different techniques - #2,3,4 are also referred to as "Pink & Whites or "Permanent French" - #3,4 will usually
Using polish over any type of enhancement or natural nails
2. Applying white tips with a clear or sheer pink acrylic or gel,
or resin with fiberglass or acrylic powder.
3. Applying natural colored tips with white acrylic or gel, resin with fiberglass or acrylic
powder in the tip and clear or a sheer pink on the nail bed.
4. Using a "form" and sculpting the white tip using acrylic, or gel and
clear or a sheer pink on the nail bed.
Airbrushed over any enhancement or natural nail
of typical scams include:
• SOLAR NAILS - Solar Nails is a BRAND of acrylic manufactured by Creative Nail Design. It is one of the
original brands. It is a true acrylic and nothing more.
• GEL NAILS - which are actually acrylics with a UV gel top coat
• CRYSTAL NAILS
- simply a clear tip with clear acrylic overlaid on the entire enhancement
• PORCELAIN NAILS nothing more than acrylic or gels possibly
with a UV gel top coat
• DIAMOND NAILS - the reason these are "more expensive" is because they are hard like diamonds
• BAIT & SWITCHsalons
will have three jars on the table, possibly hand labeled, one says acrylic, one says gel and one says fiberglass. They are all acrylic,
but the consumer will be told fiberglass and gel are better for their nails and cost more
NONE of the above services are anything special,
should they incur any additional cost.
Flexible Hours by Appointment